Sunday, November 27, 2011

Love Who You Are (And Who You Want To Be)

After a short self-reflection I decided I'm a wild child on the inside but on the outside I resemble a grandmother so the only solution was to paint the outside to match the energy on the inside. So, I designed a whole new look for myself and last night I went home with the blue prints. They were not appreciated.

Since I feel you may be looking at me and expecting a drastic change any day now, I feel like it is my duty to let you know the extreme won't be so extreme. My plan was threatened by an unmentionable boy who was not fond of my pulp fiction haircut plans. I believe the exact words were "Ya do it, and I'll shave my head and grow a mustache." Given his Greek genes, growing a pedophile-like mustache can happen overnight so I dare not play with fire. I am a strong believer that a woman should stand on her own two feet and never give up who she is for a man but I suppose that when a man picks you because of who you are, you shouldn't drastically change that person - inside or out. Perhaps, this unnameable gentleman would not have chosen a black lipsticked gal for his life partner.

Well, we may never know. I do want to thank you for being supportive but sadly it'll be plain Jane for a bit longer. Take me as I am.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment