Sunday, December 4, 2011

Love Change

As the end of the year is quickly approaching, I think of what's to come. I attempt to think beyond final school projects, presentations and the looong paper I have yet to write. I try to think beyond hectic days at the office, last minute client deliverable changes and tying up loose ends. I try to think beyond the to-do lists because frankly, there IS so much more to look forward to in the coming days, weeks, months and year.

To start, I'm looking forward to Friday, when I find out if this palm-sized adorable swimming in my belly is a girl or a boy. From there, I'm afraid I'll think of nothing but strollers, nursery colors, and miniature socks...but is that so bad? :)

Then there's the office holiday party, which I'm really excited about this year. I got the perfect dress over the weekend - one that will hopefully still fit in two weeks and I'm ready to celebrate with the people that make work such a pleasure to come to each morning. Not one day goes by that I don't feel grateful for having the luck of loving my job and the people I work with.

The holiday party coincides with one more exciting day - one we've been celebrating since first grade - the last day of school! This semester has been a great one. I remember wondering if I can handle it all and whether I should take the semester off to focus on family. I definitely made the right decision to stay. I've learned so much both about account planning and the powers of social media - all things I can apply to my everyday work.

Soon after it's time to celebrate the holidays with family and then the babymoon! (Thank you to whoever invented this concept) - we are SO excited to see a new place and enjoy being a family of two for the last time.

In many ways, this year has been one of the most important ones of my live...but I have a feeling the fun is just beginning. So here's to the new year - chasing dreams and never resting until they're realized.

Happy New Year, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment